Last Updated: January 11, 2011
WELCOME TO OILFIELDCONFERENCE WHICH IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY FSH LLC. (“FSH” “WE,” “US,” OR “OUR”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (THESE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE (AS DEFINED BELOW) INCLUDING THE WEB SITE LOCATED AT WWW.OILFIELDCONFERENCE.COM (THE “SITE”) OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS (“MOBILE”), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NEITHER USE THE SITE NOR THE SERVICE (AS DEFINED BELOW). WE SUGGEST YOU PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS FOR YOUR RECORDS.
You represent and warrant that:
- All of your registration and account information is true, accurate and complete.
- You will maintain the security of your password.
- You accept all responsibility for all activity that occurs under your user name.
- Any breach or suspected breach of any of the above representations or warranties may result in immediate termination of your account or suspension of your account.
FSH respects your rights and does not wish to censor any text and other materials (collectively “Content”) you may use or create in connection with the Site and/or the Service. FSH has established the rules set forth below with respect to Content. Please note that these rules do not create any third party rights or create any private right of action, but may be enforced solely by FSH in its sole discretion. FSH may review, but does not have the obligation to review any Content. The decision by FSH not to take action to enforce these rules in a particular instance will not be considered a waiver of any right to do so in the future or in other situations.
By using the Site and/or the Service, you acknowledge and agree that:
- All Content that you posted on or transmitted through the Site, is your sole responsibility.
- Under no circumstances will FSH be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Site and/or the Service.
- If you post Content to the Service, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant FSH and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content in connection with: (i) providing and promoting the Service; and/or (ii) exercising the rights granted in these Terms.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens or otherwise violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- You may not upload, publish post, distribute or disseminate any Content that is otherwise deemed as pornographic and/or obscene by FSH.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that promotes hatred towards groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age and/or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that impersonates or is intended to impersonate others in a manner that is intended to mislead or does mislead or confuse others.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that is protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and/or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any unauthorized private, confidential and personal information about others.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that is used for unlawful purposes or for the promotion of dangerous and illegal activities.
- Your use of the Service and all Content you posted on, transmitted through or linked from the Site and/or the Mobile applications is in compliance with the rules set forth in these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all export control laws.
The Service and all content and other materials on the Site and Mobile, including, but not limited to, the beats and other musical effects provided via the Site and Mobile, our logo and all designs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Materials”) are our property or that of our licensors or users and are protected by United States and/or international copyright laws.
FSH, the OilfieldConference logo and any other service name or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of FSH and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of FSH or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any meta-tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing “FSH” or any other name, trademark or service name of FSH without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of FSH and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, service names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
Limited License and Restrictions
We grant you a limited, non-sub-licensable, non-exclusive and revocable license to access and make use of the Site, the Mobile applications and the Materials solely in accordance with, and subject to, these Terms and any other of our policies as posted on the Site. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms, you may not: (i) collect, use, copy or distribute any portion of the Site or the Materials; (ii) resell, publicly perform or publicly display any portion of the Site or the Materials; (iii) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of any portion of the Site, the Mobile applications or the Materials; (iv) use any “deep-link,” “page-scrape,” “robot,” “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology which perform similar functions to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site; (v) use the Site in a manner which results in the depletion of Web site infrastructural resources; (vi) download (other than page caching) any portion of the Site, the Materials or any information contained therein; or (vii) use the Site or the Materials other than for their intended purposes.
Third Party Sites and Content
We may host or provide links to Web pages, Web sites and other content of third parties (“Third Party Sites and Content”). The inclusion of any link or the hosting of any content is provided solely as a convenience to our users, including you, and does not imply affiliation, endorsement, approval, control or adoption by us of any Web site or any information or content contained therein. We make no claims or representations regarding, and accept no responsibility for such Third Party Sites and Content, or for the quality, accuracy, nature, ownership or reliability thereof. Users, including you, may use these links and the Third Party Sites and Content contained therein at their own risk. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Web site to which you navigate from the Site.
Advertisements and Promotions; Third Party Services
We may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Service or may otherwise provide information or links to third party services on the Service. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of our advertisers and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and such third party. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such third party advertisers or third party information on the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN WRITING, THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY OR SECURITY OF THE SERVICE. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN WRITING, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING: (I) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY; (II) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT WE KNEW, HAVE REASON TO KNOW, HAVE BEEN ADVISED, OR ARE OTHERWISE AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE); AND (III) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR CONDITION OF TITLE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL: (I) FSH BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE SITE EXCEED THE AGGREGATE OF THE NET AMOUNTS RECEIVED BY US FROM YOU, IF ANY, FOR SOLELY YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE (NOT YOUR PAYMENT FOR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY US).
Indemnification and Release
You will indemnify, defend and hold us and our investors, officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, partners, licensees, consultants, contractors, agents, attorneys, advertisers and employees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all actual or threatened suits, actions, proceedings (at law or in equity), claims (groundless or otherwise), damages, payments, deficiencies, fines, judgments, settlements, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney and expert fees, costs, penalties, interest and disbursements) resulting from any claim (including third party claims), suit, action, or proceeding against a Indemnified Party, whether successful or not, resulting from or arising in connection with: (i) your use of the Site, the Mobile applications, the Materials and/or the Service; (ii) your conduct; (iii) any breach by you of these Terms (including, but not limited to, any breach of any of your representations or warranties); and/or (iii) any Content you upload to, posted on, create on, transmitted through or linked from the Site.
Notwithstanding any terms to the contrary in these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice, without liability to you and in our sole discretion, to terminate any of your rights under these Terms (including, but not limited to, your right to use the Service) and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Service for any or no reason.
Notwithstanding any terms to the contrary in these Terms, FSH may choose to electronically deliver all communications with you, which may include: (i) email to your email address indicated in your communications with FSH or upon registration with the Service; or (ii) posting messages that are displayed to you when you log in to or access the Service. FSH’s electronic communications to you may transmit or convey information about action taken on your request, portions of your request that may be incomplete or require additional explanation, any notices with respect to modifications to these Terms, any notices required under applicable law and any other notices. You agree to do business electronically with FSH, and to receive electronically all current and future notices, disclosures, communications and information, and that the aforementioned provided electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. An electronic notice will be deemed to have been received the day of receipt as evidenced by such email.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that anything on the Service infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below.
Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent:
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: copyright@OILFIELDCONFERENCE.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Service, electronic mail to a user’s email address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s address in our records. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, FSH has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at the sole discretion of FSH, account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. FSH may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
If you believe there is a violation of these Terms and you would like to report it to us, please direct the information tolegal@OILFIELDCONFERENCE.com. Any reports of violations you submit to us, including your identity, may not be kept confidential. In response to your report, we may take actions in accordance with these Terms or other applicable agreements between us and the alleged violator of the Terms, and may pursue other remedies available under all applicable local, state, federal or international laws, regulations, rules, orders and other requirements, now or hereafter in effect. However, we are under no obligation to respond to any reports we receive. Please note that a personal reply to reports you submit to us may not always be possible.
Updates to Terms of Service
We reserve the right to change or modify any provisions of these Terms and any policies or guidelines governing your use of the Service, at any time in our sole discretion and without liability to you. Any such changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of revisions on the Service. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of such changes or modifications constitutes your acceptance thereof. Therefore, you should frequently review these Terms and all applicable policies or guidelines on the Site in order to understand the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Service. If you do not agree to any changes or modifications to these Terms or to any applicable policies or guidelines, your sole recourse is to stop using the Service.